Hyssop Essential Oil In Brief
Hyssop Essential Oil is profoundly healing.
Hyssop Essential Oil heals our lungs, the seat of our heartbreak and grief and the gut where our stress causes all kinds of mischief.
Hyssop Essential Oil heals trauma on every level and timescale. It offers us the light at the end of the tunnel even if we have suffered a lifetime of emotional pain and anguish. It is the essential oil equivalent of redemption in that it cleanses the soul of all that ails it. Hyssop dispels blame and judgement and leaves only our divinity.
As a stimulant, it helps stimulate digestion, thereby improving metabolism & nutrient absorption. It also stimulates the nervous, circulatory, endocrine, & excretory systems.
As with so many essential oils, Hyssop is effective against Staphylococcus pyogenes, Staphylococcus aureus, Escherichia coli & Candida albicans
Hyssop Essential Oil is :: anti-fungal, anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, anti-parasitic, antiseptic, antispasmodic, antiviral, cicatrisant, convulsant, disinfectant, febrifuge for lowering temperatures, purging, stimulant, vermifuge, (expels or kills intestinal worms).
Hyssop Essential Oil Main Uses
- Digestive & intestinal problems :: acute abdominal pain + intestinal discomfort + flatulence + loss of appetite
- Liver and gallbladder issues
- Muscle spasms & cramps
- Anxiety & Hysteria
- High & low blood pressure
- Supports immune system
- Asthma, (an issue which originates in the gut)
- Respiratory issues + coughs & colds + flu + respiratory infections + soothing sore throats
- Arthritis + rheumatism + gout, through increasing circulation
- Earache + toothaches
- Relieves menstrual pain + irregular periods & menopause
Hyssop Essential Oil For Skincare
- Anti-ageing – effective against sagging and wrinkles
- Purifying and cleansing
- Soothes skin irritations + itching
- Kills pathogenic bacteria + acts as a natural deodorant
- Relieves and heals abscesses + boils + sores + bruises
- As a cicatrisant, it heals the skin, thereby regenerating cells which helps to heal wounds + scars + insect bites + rashes + stretch marks & chicken pox
- Genital herpes
Hyssop Essential Oil Extraction Method: Cold Pressed
Hyssop Essential Oil combines well with: Sweet Orange Essential Oil + Lavender Essential Oil + Laurel Leaf Essential Oil + Rosemary Essential Oil + Myrtle Essential Oil + Clary Sage Essential Oil + Lemon Essential Oil
Contraindications: Hyssop Essential Oil is considered safe. However, there is insufficient research to support use during pregnancy and whilst breast feeding, and so it is best avoided by mothers to be and young mothers.
It should, however, be avoided by those with high blood pressure and young children for topical and internal application, (under the age of 6).
*Hyssop is used as a food additive without any special warnings.
As a convulsant it can cause seizures & must be avoided by epileptics.
INCI: Hyssopus officinalis
Active Constituents: Hyssop Essential Oil contains nearly every single chemical compound to be found in essential oils. Nevertheless, Hyssop Essential Oil is still a mild and gentle essential oil. Hyssop importantly includes :: monoterpenes i.e. cis-pinochamphone, trans-pinocamphone & beta-pinene + sequiterpenes i.e. germacrene & elemol.
How to use Hyssop Essential Oil :: Dilute in a carrier oil to make a massage oil + add a few drops to your bath + diffuse in a diffuser or oil burner. It can also be used as a vapour rub. Massage into feet to reduce high temperatures.
Hyssop Essential Oil Interesting Fact :: Hyssop Essential Oil has been referenced in the Bible and was routinely used by the Romans to ease all manner of conditions.
Twofer :: Hyssop has been mentioned in the Bible for its cleansing effect in connection with plague, leprosy and chest ailments. It has also been referred to for its ability to cleanse the soul.