Lemon Essential Oil In Brief
Lemon Essential Oil is: Anti-allergenic, anti-carcinogenic, anti-depressant, anti-inflammatory, antimicrobial, antioxidant, detoxifying, digestion supporting, energy boosting, nausea reducing, immune boosting, stress-busting.
Lemon Essential Oil benefits include: is a potent antioxidant, making it excellent for stimulating the liver & aiding lymphatic drainage, thereby facilitating the detoxification of the body.
Lemon Essential Oil Main Uses
- Aids digestion inc. gastritis + constipation etc.
- Headaches + high blood pressure
- Weight Loss + Detoxification + Lymphatic Drainage
- Anxiety + depression
- Reducing oxidative stress
- Oral hygiene + bacterial + fungal infections + bad breath + teeth whitening + sore throat + mouth inflammations + tonsillitis
- Respiratory infections + asthma + expectorant + cough + cold remedy
- Lowering blood pressure + improving blood circulation
- Immune-boosting + infection-fighting
- Reduces oxidative stress + nervous system damage
Lemon Essential Oil For Skincare
- Acne (controls overactive sebaceous glands) + Rosacea
- Oily skin
- Anti-ageing + anti-wrinkle + collagen promoting
- Discolouration of skin + blemishes + broken capillaries + varicose veins
- Nourishing + hydrating damaged skin + reducing cell + tissue damage
- Cuts + wounds
- Dermal viral infections inc. cold sores + warts
- Soothes insect bites + blisters
- Purifies skin + is used for exfoliating dead skin
- Improves appearance of hair + dandruff
Lemon Essential Oil Extraction Method: Cold-pressing of Lemon peel
Active Constituents in Lemon Essential Oil: terpenes, sesquiterpenes, aldehydes, alcohols, esters & sterols
Cautions: Phototoxic, avoid hot sun exposure for a minimum of 24 hours after topical application. Can cause skin irritations, so a patch test is recommended.
Combines well with: Other Citrus Essential Oils + Copaiba Balsam Essential Oil + Eucalyptus Essential Oil + Fennel Essential Oil + Frankincense Essential Oil + Geranium, Peppermint Essential Oil + Sandalwood Essential Oil + Ylang Ylang Essential Oil
Lemon Essential Oil Interesting Fact: Excellent for getting rid of nausea when inhaled, so it’s great for hangovers. However, as it can be safely used during pregnancy it’s ideal for morning sickness.
Twofer :: Like all Citrus essential Oils, Organic lemon Essential oil is great for removing old nail polish and even improves the health of your nails, unlike it’s highly toxic counterpart acetone removers or the less toxic alternative ethyl acetate, which still isn’t great.
***See Skincare Ingredients To Avoid :: both nail polish + nail polish remover are not advised.