Ylang Ylang Essential Oil
Ylang Ylang Essential Oil has been used for centuries for it’s hair thickening properties & it’s ability to heal the skin.
It provides considerable support to the endocrine, circulatory cardiovascular, digestive, & immune functions of the body, as well as offering emotional & reproductive support.
The steam distillation process used to produce Ylang Ylang Essential Oil takes 14 hours. The initially extracted essential oil is of the highest quality compared to the rest of the batch. This portion is called either Ylang Ylang Complete or Ylang Ylang Extra.
Ylang Ylang Essential Oil Health Benefits
Ylang Ylang Aromatherapy Oil health benefits include: Anti-ageing + antibacterial + antidepressant + antifungal + anti-inflammatory + antioxidant + anti-parasitic + antiseptic + antispasmodic + anti-tumour + aphrodisiac + calmative (reduces intestinal gas) + emmenagog (stimulates menstrual bleeding) + emollient (softens & soothes skin) + euphoriant (emotionally uplifting) + hypotensive (lowers blood pressure) + moisturiser + nervine (calms nerves) + relaxant (reduces emotional tension) + sedative + tonic.
Ylang Ylang Essential Oil Main Uses
- Lowering heartbeat & the stress response
- Hypertension + palpitations + heart health in general
- Cardiovascular strengthening + regulating heart beat + improved blood flow + regulating blood pressure
- Restoring intestinal function
- Improving immune function and reducing inflammation
- Elevating mood + reducing stress + inducing relaxation
- Relieving anxiety + depression + over-thinking + perfectionism
- Increasing female & male libido + improving erectile tissue function + relieving frigidity
- Increasing blood flow, (thus supporting erectile tissue)
- Reduces fatigue + irritations + inflammation
- Prevents peripheral nerve damage due to diabetes
- Reduces cytotoxicity (toxicity of cells) + oxidative stress + DNA damage
Ylang Ylang Essential Oil For Skin & Hair
- Acne + Eczema + Psoriasis
- Oily skin
- Anti-ageing + preserves youthful glow + smoothes irritated skin
- Helps prevent the development of skin cancer cells & Melanoma
- Natural hair thickener + reduces dandruff and tangles.
- **May even kill head lice… see recipe below.
- Warts + pimples + boils
- Dark spots
- Ameliorates insect bites + contact irritations + inflamed skin conditions
- Wound healing
- Prevents replication of common viruses including Herpes Simplex Viruses 1 & 2
Ylang Ylang Essential Oil Extraction Method: Steam distillation
Ylang Ylang Essential Oil INCI: Cananga odorata
Active Constituents in Ylang Ylang Aromatherapy Oil: Linalol +Farnesol + Geraniol + Geranial + Benzyl Acetate + Geranyl Acetate + Eugenol + Methyl Chavicol + Pinene + Beta-Caryophyllene + Farnasene + Terpenoids
- May cause headaches.
- Tisserand and Young advocate a maximum dilution of 0.8% and that it should be avoided by those with hypersensitive / diseased / damaged skin.
- Not for use on toddlers under the age of two.
Ylang Ylang Essential Oil Combines Well With: Bergamot FCF Essential Oil + Clary Sage Essential Oil+ Copaiba Balsam Essential Oil + Fragonia Essential Oil + Geranium Essential Oil + Grapefruit Essential Oil + Vetivert Essential Oil
Ylang Ylang Aromatherapy Oil Perfumery Note :: Base to middle
Contraindications: Pregnant women should avoid using Ylang Ylang Essential Oil in the first trimester. To be avoided in infants under two years of age.
Use sparingly internally or topically, as Ylang Ylang Essential Oil can cause reactions & sensitivities if over-used. Seek medical advice before using Ylang Ylang if you have low blood pressure or a heart condition.
Ylang Ylang Oil Interesting Fact: This oil is aphrodisiacal plus it improves male performance, and supports clitoral orgasms in women. It is traditional in Indonesia to use Ylang Ylang Essential Oil as well as the large, but delicate yellow flowers, to decorate the bed of newlyweds due to Ylang Ylang’s energising & aphrodisiacal qualities. But, truth be known, there’s an even more appropriate reason why this is a good idea. Ylang Ylang Essential Oil helps to support the function of erectile tissue!
Twofer: Ylang Ylang Essential Oil is one of the key ingredients used in Chanel No. 5!
Threefer: Ylang Ylang One or two drops added to a glass of warm water will reduce blood pressure and help get rid of intestinal parasites, whilst also helping to recondition the gut.
Fourfer: Ylang Ylang Essential Oil can naturally remedy PMS cramps, tension & stress. Simply apply a couple of drops of Ylang Ylang Essential Oil with a couple of drops of Lavender Essential Oil in a base oil of your choice, to the Vagus Nerve points behind the ears, & back of neck or to your lower abdomen.
Fivefer: Add a couple of drops of Ylang Ylang Essential Oil to a couple of drops of Rosemary Essential Oil and mix with a good amount of Aloe Vera for washing your hair. Dampen hair, massage your Aroma-Aloe into your scalp and hair and leaving for 10 minutes, Wrap in a towel to improve absorption by keeping the head warm. Rinse off. ***If your hair is greasy, you can dust your hair and scalp with Bicarbonate of Soda after dampening it down, rinse it off, and then massage in your Aroma-Aloe blend. The Aloe will become watery. Don’t worry about this. ***This may even kill head lice.